Dear LS students,
please find below the heredity problem we talked about in class (for Wednesday, October 30, 2013)
1- A cross is done between two drosophilae of pure race : a female drosophila of grey body and veined wings with a male drosophila of yellow body and veinless wings. All the obtained members of F1 are of grey bodies and veined wings.
2- A cross is done between two drosophilae of pure race: a male drosophila of grey body and veined wings with a female drosophila of yellow body and veinless wings . In the F1, all the females are of grey bodies and veined wings and all the males are of yellow bodies and veinless wings.
– What information can you draw from the comparison of the F1 of the first and second cross?
– Designate by symbols the corresponding alleles.
– Make the necessary analysis to verify each of the above two crosses.
3- Upon crossing the individuals obtained in F1 of the first cross, we obtain the results summarized in the table below:
|Grey body, veined wings||1814||780|
|Grey body, veinless wings||0||127|
|Yellow body, veinless wings||0||780|
|Yellow body, venined wings||0||127|
– How do you explain the obtained results?
– What are the gametes of the male drosophile of F1?
– What types of gametes are produced by the female drosophila of F1 and in what percentages?
– Make the necessary analysis to verify approximately the phenotypic percentages of the above given.